Meditate toward Your Muse
To say we’re living in stressful times is an understatement. Between the pandemic and political unrest, it can be more difficult than usual to get into a focused, creative mindset for writing. How can we focus on our fictional world when real-life drama is constantly unfolding?
You could try pushing through it, but a blinking cursor and lack of words may cause even more unnecessary strain and stress. Sometimes the solution is not to write. Sometimes you simply need to retreat into yourself to find peace and re-center to be productive. One of the best ways to do this is through meditation.
About 60 percent of people who practice meditation find that it improves their energy. About 50 percent find that meditation aids in their memory and focus. In a span of six to nine months, meditation can also reduce anxiety levels by 60 percent.
That is why I’ve compiled a list of short, calming and inspiring meditations for writers. Discover which session works best for you (or try them all), and let the de-stressing begin!
1. "Get Unstuck and Stimulate Creativity" by The Mindful Movement
2. "Meditation for Writers: Meet Your Muse" by Georgette Graham
3. "I Am a Great Writer: Subliminal Affirmations for Writers" by Delilah Helton
4. "5-Minute Guided Meditation to Activate Creativity" by Caren Baginski
5. "Guided Meditation for Creativity" by The Honest Guys
6. "A Relaxing Guided Meditation to Boost Creativity" by Mindvalley
7. "Calm the Overactive Mind" by The Mindful Movement
8. "Let Go of Anxiety, Fear & Worries: A Guided Meditation" by PowerThoughts Meditation
9. "A Powerful 10 Minute Guided Meditation" by Great Meditation
10. "Guided Meditation for Anxiety & Overthinking" by Great Meditation
11. "Clear the Clutter; Release Anxiety" by The Mindful Movement
Source:  Arthur Zuckerman, “46 Meditation Statistics: 2019/2020 Benefits, Market Value & Trends,” CompareCamp, May 22, 2020, https://comparecamp.com/meditation-statistics/.